Behind-the-Scenes (1)

Welcome to the first WiSG? behind-the-scenes post! I’m planning on writing one every week, so make sure to check this spot after reading the latest installment.

Now as you may or may not know, I want this reading experience to be totally different from all others. In the age of the social media boom, why shouldn’t reading be interactive, as well?

When you’re reading a book do you ever wish the author was RIGHT THERE so you could as him/her a question? Feel free to do just that! Email me at thelitexpress(at)yahoo(dot)com with any questions. Ask me about the writing process. Ask me about the characters in WiSG? Ask me anything, and I’ll be happy to either email back or feature your question in a behind-the-scenes post!:)

Now for the behind-the-scenes stuff!

There were only two things I knew for certain when I started writing Who is Saint Giovanni? I wanted the story to be about a teenage American girl living in Italy. Why, you ask? When I was a teenager, oh so many years ago, I was obsessed with Italy. The food. Opera. The language. The country’s history. OK, so I thought Italian men were pretty good looking, too. Yeah, and I got an A+ in my Italian classes, by the way!! (Though, when I finally got to Italy, I was too shy to use it. Yeah. Silly. Me silly.)

I didn’t actually visit Italy until I was 22 (or 23?). Almost every single place mentioned in Who is Saint Giovanni? was a stop on my itinerary.

Let me tell you! Italy is a place where things happen. I’m saying that because my bff, Jessica, and I experienced the craziest adventures on our 3 week backpacking romp. Suffice it to say, we had a wicked time.

Over the next several months, I hope to share some those crazy Italy stories with you, as well as other behind-the-scenes stuff! For now…..I’ll leave you with a a photo and a video.

"Terracotta rooftops blushing in the midday sun"
This is a nice shot of the Duomo, too.



James Franco in THIS Gucci ad is what inspired Giovanni's character.






I'd also love for you to "like" my author facebook fanpage :) :)

Until next time,

RANE